There are many benefits to keeping indoor plants! Use them for cooking, help with skin ailments, detox the air, and even increase your mood!
Keeping indoor plants is a great idea for staying healthy. Especially since the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Report on the Environment says “Americans, on average, spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors, where the concentrations of some pollutants are often 2 to 5 times higher than typical outdoor concentrations.”
Indoor plants can also be aesthetically pleasing since most of the helpful plants listed below have beautiful flowers. Most plants are going to help your home no matter what. However these plants are specific to what they help you with.
Plants that Help Air Quality:
- English Ivy (The best Air-filtering houseplant!)
- Golden Pothos (Easiest houseplant to grow)
- Garden Mums
- Peace Lilies
- Boston Fern (removes 1863 toxins per hour)
- Snake Plant
- Red-edged Dracaena
For the Skin!
- Rosemary (Moisturize)
- Mint (against acne)
- Camomile (makes skin younger and helps with nerves!)
- Aloe Vera (burns)
- Lavender (lower skin irritation and helps against infection!)
Healthy Happy Mood
- Lily of the Valley (relieve depression and a sense of security)
- Roses (another antidepressant and an aphrodisiac)
- Orchids (reduce stress)
- Lavender (reduce anxiety)
- Basil (stress relief)
- Dandelions (Vitamin A & C, potassium, calcium, iron)
- Marsh Marigold (substitute for olives and capers when its pickled)
- Rose Hips (Vitamin C)
- Hibiscus (can be used to make tea)
Here at PPCF we provide: lawn treatments, fertilization, pest control, and sprinkler repair; for the following cities: Miramar, Pembroke pines, Davie, Weston, Plantation, Sunrise, Tamarac, Coral Springs, and Parkland. If you need our services in your area call (954) 353-3781!