The weather forecast for the next week looks like rain, rain and more rain. When enough falls, rain can do quite a bit of damage to a lawn, and that can be a little disheartening if you are one of the many people who care for and take pride in their yard. So, what can we do? Lawn Care and Pest Control, located in Broward County, Fl, has some tips for homeowners after a recent stint of heavy rain.
Lawn Care After Heavy Rain
- After the flooding subsides, give the water time to fully absorb into the ground. This might take 2 or 3 weeks.
- During this time, and for a time after, minimize the amount of foot traffic on your lawn. The turf is in a very vulnerable state right now, and susceptible to damage.
- Remove debris. This will allow the turf to breath and absorb more sunlight, and will also give you the opportunity to move forward with whatever might be needed.
- Feed you lawn. If the rain was bad enough, it will have washed away much of the nutrients your lawn needs to flourish. You will need to replenish those nutrients, and if you are unsure how to go about doing that, contact a professional lawn care company to help.
- Once your turf begins to recover, keep feeding it with fertilizer to rebuild those strong roots!